Let’s explore how spider veins causes impact on YOUR PHYSICAL wellness and how sclerotherapy helps to fix it!
Spider veins, also known as spider telangiectasias, are small, red or blue blood vessels that appear just below the skin’s surface. They are typically found on the legs and face, and are most common in women.
There are several factors that can contribute to the development of spider veins;
- Spider veins are more common in older people, as the skin becomes thinner and less elastic with age.
- Hormonal changes, such as those that occur during pregnancy or menopause, can cause spider veins to form.
- Spider veins run in families, so if your parents or grandparents had them, you may be more likely to develop them as well.
- Sun exposure can cause the blood vessels in the skin to expand, which can lead to the formation of spider veins.
- Being overweight or obese can increase the risk of developing spider veins, as excess weight can put pressure on the veins and make them more prone to damage.
- People who stand or sit for long periods of time may be more likely to develop spider veins due to the increased pressure on the veins.
- Injuries or trauma to the skin, such as a cut or bruise, also lead to the development of spider veins.
- Top of Form
- Several treatment options are available to treat spider veins including sclerotherapy.
Glamour Med Spa and Beauty Bar proudly present the best sclerotherapy in town to help you achieve your wellness goals. Stay between the lines to learn more about the procedure, its benefits, and other mandatory details.
What is sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a medical treatment used to treat varicose veins and spider veins. In sclerotherapy, a healthcare provider injects a sclerosant solution into the vein. The sclerosant damages the vein’s lining, causing it to scar and close. The injection stops blood flow through the vein, and the body eventually absorbs the vein.
Sclerotherapy is typically performed in a doctor’s office and takes about 30 minutes to an hour. It is generally well tolerated, with only slight discomfort during the injection. Most people return to their routine activities immediately after the procedure.
What are the benefits of sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a safe and effective treatment for spider veins. It has many benefits, including:
- Sclerotherapy is a non-surgical procedure performed in a doctor’s office and does not require an incision or general anesthesia.
- Sclerotherapy is a relatively quick procedure that takes about 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
- Sclerotherapy has a high success rate and is highly effective at eliminating spider veins.
- It has a low risk of complications. Complications from sclerotherapy are rare, and most people experience only minor side effects, such as bruising or mild discomfort.
- Sclerotherapy provides immediate results, the treated veins will begin to fade within a few days of the procedure, and the full results are usually visible within a few weeks.
- Sclerotherapy can help improve the skin’s appearance by eliminating unsightly veins.
It is important to note that sclerotherapy is not a permanent cure for varicose and spider veins, and new veins can develop in the future. However, most people experience long-lasting results after sclerotherapy.
Who is a good candidate for sclerotherapy at Glamour Med Spa and Beauty Bar?
A good candidate for sclerotherapy at Glamour Med Spa and Beauty Bar is typically someone who:
- Has visible varicose veins or spider veins
- Does not have any underlying health conditions that could increase the risk of complications from the procedure
- Is in good overall health
- Is not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Is not taking any medications that could interfere with the procedure or increase the risk of bleeding
How to prepare for sclerotherapy at Glamour Med Spa and Beauty Bar?
If you are planning to undergo sclerotherapy at Glamour Med Spa and Beauty Bar, you will need to prepare the followings:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment, as you will need to remove some of your clothing for the procedure.
- Avoid certain medications, such as blood thinners, which can increase the risk of bleeding. If you are taking any medications, inform your healthcare provider, as they may need to be stopped or adjusted before the procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure to the area to be treated to the sun for at least two weeks before the procedure; protected sun exposure helps to reduce the risk of complications and improve the overall results of the treatment.
- You may feel dizzy or lightheaded after the procedure, so it is a good idea to arrange for someone to drive you home.
- Your healthcare provider will provide you with specific instructions on how to prepare for sclerotherapy. It is essential to follow these instructions carefully to ensure the best possible results.
What is the procedure of sclerotherapy?
The sclerotherapy procedure starts by examining your spider veins with the healthcare provider, who cleans the area with an antiseptic solution. In the next step healthcare provider will inject the sclerosant solution into the vein using a fine needle. The solution will cause the vein to scar and close. Your doctor may use ultrasound to guide the needle and ensure that the solution is appropriately injected. In the last step, an additional sclerosant solution is injected into the vein to treat it thoroughly.
After the procedure, the healthcare provider will apply a compression bandage to the treated area, which helps to reduce swelling and improve circulation. You can return to your routine activities immediately after the procedure. However, you will need to wear compression stockings for some time to help improve circulation and reduce the risk of complications.
What to expect after sclerotherapy?
After sclerotherapy, you may experience mild discomfort or cramping in the treated area for a few days after the procedure. The treated area may swell for a few days after the procedure, and you may develop some bruising around the treated veins. This is normal and should resolve on its own within a few weeks. It would help if you avoided strenuous activities and should wear compression stockings a few days after the procedure.
What are the complications of sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a safe and effective treatment for spider veins. However, like any medical procedure, it carries some risk of complications which are listed as under;
- Allergic reactions
- Blood clots
- Skin irritation
If you experience any unusual complications, contact your healthcare provider immediately at Glamour Med Spa and Beauty Bar. For further information, book your appointment by filling online consultation form or call/text 978 930 7089